My Blog List


Saturday, January 28, 2012

Writing Exercise : 2


Write a setting based on the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen.

I've never been there.But it's all in my mind,as clear as day.Maybe I'll go there someday and then there'll be more details to describe but for now,a blurry description of a mirage should work out.I've seen it often in my dreams and I've dreamt about it in waking life too.

 Well,I don't know how you get there but where I'm standing on a tiny hillock with soft grass under my bare feet.Its a bright sunny day with a chance of rain.The clouds are rolling lazily like tiny puffs of cottonballs.The whole landscape is of tiny hillocks covered with that super awesome green soft grass which when you step on has that awesome grass smell.You know what I mean,right?

At a distance,on a hillock stands a lone orange tree in full blossom.The wind blows in my direction and it carries the citrus smell.The splash of orange against sky blue and the plushy green!!

I spring and prance to the orange tree with my long hair trailing behind me.The shade is quiet and cool.The old and gnarly tree trunk has a perfect wedge for me to settle in.Silence envelopes me except for the rustle of the leaves and the infrequent chirp of a happy bird suckling on the sweet fruit of the old tree.

As sleep almost begins to overpower me,I can hear a slight rumble of thunder and the wind whistling even louder.The clouds roll in an angry march while the leaves swoon and dance to the tune of the wind.I can already smell the wet mud and the tree bark smell.It's the weather ten minutes before it rains.But the rains never come.The wind and the leaves just pick up the beat and I lie there smiling with my heart thumping.Anticipating and waiting,while the black angry clouds swirl .....

I've never really gone further than this in my head.I don't want to either.

No comments:

Post a Comment